Google Penguin 4.0 is out!
So, as of yesterday September 23rd we got the news all over the web that it was finally released, Google Penguin 4.0 update which will be real time update now. Meaning the algorithm will include Penguin 4.0 running all the time, and we will be able to notice that within days not until the next update (as it was up until now). As of what I’ve seen so far, it’s all good with SAPE links. No clients are complaining they have been hit nor any of my affiliate websites lots rankings. It’s the opposite. Most of the sites gained rankings.
And this is the beauty so far with this update. It is not targeting websites rather particular pages of a website. Mostly are those with low-quality backlinks and anchor text ratio. Meaning links produced with GSA SER or similar software. Mass link generation which is useless. Not that GSA SER is a bad software, not at all but if not used correct it will do more harm than good.
What conclusion should we draw from the Google Penguin 4.0 update so far?
1. Your Tier 1 links should be all legit and quality links such as SAPE, PBNs, and manually built Web 2.0s.
2. You need link juice, lots of Trust Flow to your domains.
3. Avoid low-quality backlinks.
4. If you see a drop in rankings for some keywords, try to clean your link profile. Disavow some of the junk links you did to the inner pages.
5. Your home page should have 705 to 80% of all your backlinks. This update proves that link juice spreads from the top of your domain to your inner pages. It is very unnatural your inner pages to have as many backlinks (in some cases even more) than your home page.
In the next days, there will probably be more news on what is this update about. As we all saw fluctuations in SERPs since September 3rd, this update was expected.
Please leave a comment and share your experience so far with the Google Penguin 4.0 update.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to my mailing list and get updates fast.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.